Registered Manager Job Description
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a confident and dynamic person to join the company in the position of Registered Manager to provide leadership and be responsible for the day to day running of the domiciliary care agency in the South East and Surrey area. They should be able to provide high quality home care services that support the rights of the service users to live the lives they choose and are able to. The successful candidate will manage and develop a team to ensure they meet the needs of our service users and also ensure the staff are maintaining an enriching career in care. The Registered Manager is directly accountable to the Management Team and to the regulatory bodies for domiciliary care.
You would be required to efficiently manage the day to day running of Axela Care South and the growing of this business area. You will be responsible for allocating care workers and care worker resources based on the needs of the service users. Monitor performance of the staff to deliver high quality care to service users within budgets allocated by the Management Team. Manage all aspects of the staff team and provide sound leadership to ensure staff are clear about their respective duties and responsibilities and have the support they need to carry out their roles safely. Ensure that all aspects of the business are compliant and in line with CQC regulations.
Duties and specific responsibilities
- Day to day management the safety and quality of the service users and business
- Be responsible for the safe delivery of the service in line with legislative requirements and company policy and procedures
- Oversee training and development to keep up to date with the law, best practice and changes in company policy. Apply this knowledge to day-to-day management and delivery of care
- Understand and monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field. Act as lead for infection prevention and control
- Maintain full and accurate records and reporting systems in accordance with legal requirements and to ensure the effective running of the domiciliary care business
- Implement quality management and improvement systems. Effectively manage complaints and incidents. Carry out investigations relating to the quality of the service and use findings to make improvements.
- NVQ/QCF Level 5 in Health and Social Care or an equivalent qualification
- Nursing qualifications or clinical experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Ability to demonstrate experience within a managerial capacity
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experienced in managing budgets and completing audits and reports
- Familiarity with computer systems and software (Microsoft Word & Excel etc)
- Experience in working with the CQC, understanding their regulations and working with local council authorities
- A full driving license would be advantageous but not essential.
What we offer:
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Competitive pay
- Qualifications/personal development
- Refer a friend scheme
Support Worker Job Opportunities
Other home care jobs that you might be interested in…
If you are an experienced support worker in London or Surrey area looking for a new support worker job, we are looking for caring and skilled care professionals to help individuals live independently, comfortably, and with dignity…
Our busy home care team often has domiciliary care jobs available in London for skilled, compassionate and talented individuals, is this you? We offer flexibility and shifts to suit your care experience and requirements…
We are always looking for enthusiastic home care workers London & Surrey to meet growing demand. Home care expansion continues and social care is developing into an amazing career with plenty of opportunity…