Registered Manager / Co-ordinator/ Supervisor/
Axela care delivers a person centered approach to the care we provide to everyone that uses our service, this enables them to lead as independent a lifestyle as possible. This will involve a programme or personal care and household management that is personalised for each Service User in the form or Care Plan. This will not involve any duties which constitute nursing care.
Care duties will include assisting with some of the following activities at all times observing and respecting the individuals dignity, privacy, freedom of choice and independence as much as possible:
- Personal Care
- Dietary Care:
- Domestic’ Household Services:
- All employees will need to conform to all Policies and Procedures laid down by the organization in respect or carrying out these Care Duties and in other administrative aspects of the business, as relevant, in line with the National Minimum Standards for Domicile care. This to include the Code of Conduct and care workers handbook.
- To maintain accurate, concise and timely records of service user care including diary sheets, medication sheets, timesheets, and receipts and other records as required and in the format used by the agency.
- To participate in Quality Management Review Meetings as directed by the Co-ordinator or Registered Manager.
- To report back to the Co-ordinator or Registered Manager on any aspect of service user care which he / she feels warrants investigation or urgent action and maintain close liaison with the Registered Manager.
- To participate in reviews or Service Users Care Plans as required.
- To be aware of the tasks and activities which must NOT be undertaken as part or care duties, as set out in the Service User’s Guide and Handbook for Carers.
- To establish and maintain a good working relationship with the service user and their family, whilst maintaining professional boundaries.
The Following personal attributes are considered essential to the post of care worker:
- Self motivated
- Organized and reliable
- Sensitive to the needs of others and to the sick or infirm
- An active team player but also able to work on own initiative
- A good communicator
- Ability to follow instruction
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Experience of caring for others
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Fluency in English language
- Open to continuous learning
- Compassion and commitment
The following additional Qualities and Experience are desirable but not essential to the position of care worker:
- Experience of working in a community care setting
- NVQ2 or above in care
- Driving license valid for the UK
- Fluency in another language in addition to English
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours (Hours may vary according to the specific needs of the service user)
- Competitive rates of pay and benefits
- Weekly pay
- Paid training & support to achieve your QCF Diploma